Pages

Friday, December 12, 2008

iPod shuffle no longer charges / mounts

I thought I'd write this one up since I did win the shuffle via a Byteclub quiz (or whatever it was).

The other day I found out that my shuffle wouldn't mount. Either under linux or windows. So I ran it flat to see if it would charge. No luck in a computer. Tried charging it via an AC adapter, still no luck.

Googling turns up a lot of results of owners with similar issues. So I believe the shuffle is dead :(

I'm currently in the process of pulling it apart to see if I can play with anything on the inside. I might be able to replace the battery and have it charge from a different source. My music will be locked but at least I'll still have some portable music.

Currently trying to follow teh instructions from http://homepage.mac.com/bner/iblog/B1570693677/C1723801931/E303819815/index.html but I only have a stanley knife which could be a bit big for the task at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment