Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Java on the eeePC

So after Lucien asked about java on the eee, I thought I’d do him a favor (I think it is a favor) and test it out.
apt-get install sun-java5-jdk after setting up apt to use a standard debian repository (I use “deb ftp://ftp.netspace.net.au/pub/debian stable main contrib non-free” in my /etc/apt/sources.list) and it downloaded install and then caused some errors :(
But I thought I’d try to run java and javac but they both seg faulted. More :(
So I uninstalled and did a quick google. Came up with http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?pid=64687 which was informing me to install it straight from the sun site. One of the comments stated that the second time you run the java or javac command, it works for some strange reason.
So I re-install the jdk and this time it doesn’t error on installation.
java and javac run fine.

Hope that helps :D

No comments:

Post a Comment