Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Hardware problems just arn’t my thing

So the Dell guy arrives. In and out in 40mins. Doesn’t do any checking of his on. Just comes in with the new motherboard and procedes to take my laptop apart.
The first time he turned it on I instantly new that it was working ’cause the hard drive light be flashing. Check the bios (were he has to re-enter the service number) and the bios reports the hard disk is installed. The thing booted, but I screwed with the logical volume (so I had to fix that later).

I like software, I can fix the problem (most of the time).

-= Comments
1. Zooba | January 29th, 2008 at 5:58 pm
It’s probably cheaper to replace 10 motherboards a day than to diagnose and possibly fix 2-4 issues. (Especially when you consider the difference in the training required)

No comments:

Post a Comment