Pages

Monday, August 14, 2006

Gallery effort - not of coding importance

I decided to throw togather a page that contained the collection of my capes. Funny thing is that I haven’t taken a picture of me in all of them.

There is a also a picture of me with my star on, which I “earned” at work the other day.

I figured if you were going to make a fool out of yourself online, you better do it properly.

I’m also just started some meaningful categories. I don’t know if I should go back through my posts and fix them up.

-= Comments
1. Andrew B Coathup | August 14th, 2006 at 7:51 pm
If I was recruiting and googled your name (along with Swinburne) it would bring me to Byte Club (well a cached copy of the forum) and eventually pictures of your cape.

(I always do this for prospective employees, finding nothing is worse than nearly anything you can find)

I would laugh, and think this guy is a bit of a nut, but I would read your blog and you would have already created a positive impression.

Get the rest of your photos up.

2. pimaster | August 17th, 2006 at 12:50 am
I’ve had a lot of different views about acknowledging the cape. The guys at Herald and Weekly times would say that it is something that I would have to discuss, because that is who I am.

I had a long discussion with someone from Telstra, who said that it was like sleeping with a teddy. It’s something you did when you were younger, but you should grow out of it.

The funny thing is: at the time I had just bought my code monkey which now sleeps at my bed head. And I divulged this information and he wasn’t impressed again.
I tried to ask why you would stop doing something unless you had a good reason. If wearing a cape or sleeping near a monkey puts a smile on your face every now and then, why stop?

There is also the other thing: It is who I am. If I stop being the "hero" I enjoy being, what is left for me?

I’m glad you approve of the move. For future reference, if any prospective employer comes across this comment, if you don’t like me in the cape then the chances are that I wouldn’t like the environment that I’d be working in and this blog has saved us both a lot of potentially wasted time.

No comments:

Post a Comment